Cooks for Kids
Our meal program offers small groups a meaningful way to directly serve families dealing with a child’s health crisis.
Volunteer Cooks for Kids (CFK) shifts are available at:
- RMH-Oak Street, near the University of Minnesota’s Stadium Village neighborhood
Weekday lunch, weekend brunch and dinner 7 nights a week
- The RMH inside Children’s Minnesota hospital in south Minneapolis
Dinner 7 nights a week
How it works:
- The RMH Meal team creates a menu that meets the needs of current families and procures the ingredients.
- CFK groups of 2-4 people prepare the meal, serve families buffet style, and clean up afterwards.
- Groups are asked to make a monetary or in-kind donation to cover the cost of ingredients and sustain the program.
- Important note: Masking is required at RMH and in hospital spaces. In addition, volunteers must be vaccinated against COVID-19, and the annual flu during flu season (November-April).
Note: We understand that not every group is able to make a financial donation to the meal program, however we still welcome your support! Email Taylor to learn how you can serve families.
To get started:
- Scroll down the page and select your preferred location: RMH-Oak Street or the RMH inside Children’s, Minneapolis.
- Click the “Sign Up” button and follow the registration instructions.<.li>
Questions? Call the Volunteer Hotline at 612-238-8100.
The meals prepared by volunteers nourished our souls in the way only food prepared with love can.